Election and Voter Information
California Secretary of State
Solano County Voter Registration Office and Contact
Registrar of Voters
Contact: Ira Rosenthal
Phone: (707) 784-6675 or (888) 933-VOTE (8683)
Hours: 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Address: 675 Texas St. Suite 2600, Fairfield CA 94533
Website: Solano County Registrar of Voters
(Note: For online registrations, go to the California of Secretary of State’s online form)
Voters with Disabilities
Voter assistance hotlines
Find the phone number under the language you need assistance
California Election Deadlines
California Secretary of State website.
Includes: Election Date; Deadline to register to vote; Deadline to request a ballot to vote by mail; deadline for ballots including Vote-by-Mail Ballots
Also available on the Voter Information Guide page on the left side bar under “Dates to Remember”
Voting in Solano County
Best place to start is the California Secretary of State New Voters page
Use the links on the left to guide you.
Figuring out the party that suits you best
- Option 1: Political party statements of purpose on the California General Election site
- Option 2: Search online for the party of your choice with the term “platform”
(examples: “Republican Party Platform” or “Democratic Party Platform”)
The party platform will list or explain the values of the party
Checking to see if you are already registered
- It will ask for your house #, birthday, and zip code. After pressing submit it will respond immediately
- If you are not registered it will tell you: **You are not registered in Solano County**
- If you are registered it will tell you: You are registered in Solano County as a [political preference is said here] Voter
If you are registered and need to modify address, your name or change political party preference
Fill out the a paper or online registration form
(See section Getting Registered, Re-registered or Modifying Registration)
Getting Registered, Re-registered or Modifying Registration
Places to find voter registration application
The Registrar of Voters Office located at 675 Texas Street, Suite 2600 Fairfield, California 94533.
All offices of the Department of Motor Vehicles,
City clerks offices
Persons may also call the Registrar of Voters at (707)-784-6675, (888)-933-VOTE (8683) or the Secretary of State at 1-(800)-345-VOTE and a registration form will be mailed to you.
Where to drop-off paper registration form
Solano County Registrar of Voters
675 Texas St. Suite 2600
Fairfield CA 94533
1. Go to the Online Voter Registration page
2. Read all the information on the page before proceeding to the online form
Assistance filling out the registration form
Written directions can be found in the Voter Registration Outreach Manual.
- Scroll down to page 6 to find instructions.
Voter assistance hotlines
- Find the phone number under the language you need assistance.
Last day to register- Places to find the information
Voter Information Guide on the left side bar under “Dates to Remember”
Applying to vote by mail
On the voter registration card the vote-by-mail option is question 15
If you are already registered complete the Vote-by-Mail online form.
Filling out the Ballot
Check to see if your ballot has been received using the Vote-by-Mail Ballot Status Lookup form
Find your polling place
You can call the automated system at 707-784-6675
Your polling place name and address are located on the front of your sample ballot.
Deciding Who or What to Vote On
Finding your district
1. Follow directions and fill out the following form.
2. The form will immediately post back to you a list of every district that applies to your city and
Finding your representatives
1. Go the Secretary of State’s Who are my Representatives page.
2. Choose which representative you want to find out.
3. Follow the guides or forms.
Researching and Deciding on Candidates
Where to watch debates you missed
C-Span Online - Find the series of videos for the current campaign
Advice from The League of Women Voters
1. Do a google search for the name of the candidate.
2. Look for an official website with their name.
Begin with the California Voter Guide Propositions page
Click to choose a proposition – you will first be presented with a general overview and what it means to vote yes or no
Look on the left side bar to find links to more indebt information on that proposition including: analysis, arguments and rebuttals, and the text of the proposed law
1. Use the menu to start.
2. Look up ballot measures by federal, state, local, or election
3. Look through the various menu bars to choose the upcoming election date if available then narrow down to state than local.
Other Helpful Resources
“In the Find your Own Election” box enter your street address, zip code, and pick the election date.
There will be Covers all the candidates, initiatives, and issues applicable to your area.
FactCheck.org – Allows you to check whether claims in arguments are true or false
Start here and begin your database research today! The databases are free of charge to Solano County Library/SPLASH consortium customers.
Free tutoring for Grades K-12, College Intro and Adult Learners
Available every day.
Get free and discounted passes to local museums and cultural institutions through Discover & Go.