Please be considerate of others while using Solano County Libraries. In return, the Library will make every effort to maintain a safe and enjoyable library environment.
Threatening, illegal, or violent behavior is prohibited, including but not limited to:
1. Offensive comments intended to intimidate or threaten.
2. Stalking, uninvited physical contact, threatening gestures, hitting, or throwing objects.
3. Engaging in or soliciting sexual acts.
4. Theft or damage of Library, County, or personal property.
5. Carrying weapons, incendiary devices, pepper spray, or stun guns.
6. Smoking or use of tobacco products or electronic cigarettes.
7. Possessing, consuming, selling, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
Disruptive or unsafe behavior that interferes with library operations or another person’s ability to use the library is prohibited, including but not limited to:
1. Leaving children under the age of 10 unattended by a responsible caregiver.
2. Failure to wear shoes, shirt/top, and pants/skirt.
3. Using skates, rollerblades, or skateboards.
4. Bringing shopping carts, bicycles, strollers without children, or bulky articles into the Library, other than those necessary to assist individuals with disabilities.
5. Blocking entrances, exits, or walkways.
6. Excessive or unreasonable noise.
7. Using a library card other than your own to log on to a public access computer.
8. Soliciting money or donations.
9. Eating, except as allowed at library-approved events.
10. Using public rest rooms or other public areas for bathing or laundry.
11. Bringing animals other than service animals into the Library, except as allowed at library-approved events.
12. Standing on chairs; standing or sitting on tables or counters.
Any person displaying these behaviors may be given a warning, asked to leave the library immediately, or have their library privileges suspended.
Any person viewing sexually explicit materials will be immediately suspended from all Solano County Libraries for 30 days.
The Director of Library Services and his/her designated staff are authorized to interpret these rules in accordance with applicable law and to ensure appropriate behavior of all persons in the Library facilities.
Approved by Solano County Board of Supervisors
Learn more about the programs the foundation supports and how to become a member.