Things to check
After clicking on the desired database name, you may be prompted for your library card number, last name, and PIN number (last 4 digits of phone number) which validates you as a SNAP library card holder eligible to access the database.
1. Don’t have a library card? Apply for an ecard now!
2. Can’t get past this step? Security settings on your computer may be preventing access:
If you have personal firewall software, temporarily disable it and try accessing the library database again.
- Browser settings
Many Databases are inaccessible when browser security settings are at their highest. Try changing the setting to Medium.
Browser type must be Internet Explorer version 5 and above or Firefox or Safari.
Cookies must be enabled.
- Pop-up Blocker
Try temporarily turning off your pop-up blocker located in the Tools menu of your browser. It could be a page is trying to come up, but can't because the pop-up blocker is on.
Your web browser stores a cache of the websites you visit such as images and html pages. Try clearing your browsers cache and recent history or browsing history and temporary internet files to help make databases run smoother.
3. Questions about how to search the databases?
If you are still unable to get access, call 1-866-57-ASKUS (1-866-572-7587) for assistance.
Monday – Thursday 10 a.m.– 9 p.m.
Friday – Saturday 10 a.m.– 5 p.m.
Sunday 1-5 p.m.
Help! I’ve tried everything and I still can’t connect!
Send an email to ASKUS and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can.
Please tell us:
- If you are in a library branch or are you connecting from home or work?
- What database you are trying to access?
- Your library card number, last name, and PIN number? (last 4 digits of phone number)
- What browser you are using?
- What does the error message(s) say?
- Which PC or Mac operating system you are using?