SNAP E-card services
Get a Library card!
You may sign-up for a library card, search our databases and place holds on materials prior to stepping into one of the SNAP libraries. Fill out the SNAP e-card application completely and you will immediately receive an e-card number by email.
- 1. What is an e-card?
- The e-card is an electronically produced and distributed library card that offers significant, but limited access to our resources. With an e-card, customers can access electronic resources and place holds in the online catalog remotely. The e-card is not available to check out materials or use the library’s computer workstations. A full-access library card is needed for these services. An e-card may be upgraded to a full-access library card by visiting any one of the SNAP libraries and presenting valid i.d. and proof of address. Customers under the age of 18 must also provide parental consent in order to obtain a full-access library card.
- 2. Who needs an e-card?
- If you already have a library card from one of the SNAP libraries, you do not need an e-card. Your library card number can be used to access our electronic resources and online catalog anytime. If you do not have a library card and would like to use our electronic resources and online catalog before your next visit to the library, you may register for an e-card. Due to licensing restrictions for our electronic resources, only residents of Solano or Napa counties can sign up for an e-card.
- 3. I don’t live in Solano or Napa County; may I still use your services?
- Yes. California residents may apply for a full-access library card by visiting any one of the SNAP libraries and bringing positive i.d. and proof of address. At this time, the e-card is not available to individuals living outside Solano or Napa counties.
- 4. How do I get an e-card?
- Fill out the SNAP e-card application completely and you will immediately receive an e-card number by email. You will then be ready to use our electronic resources and place holds in the online catalog.
- 5. Will the e-card expire?
- The e-card will be good for three years. After that time, you may reapply for a new e-card.
- 6. What if I lose my library card or e-card number?
- If your library card or e-card number has been lost or stolen, please report it to one of the SNAP libraries immediately. To replace a missing e-card number, you may use the online application to receive a new e-card number. To replace a missing library card, please visit any one of the SNAP libraries and present positive i.d. and address verification.
- 7. What is a full-access library card?
- A full access library card is another way to describe the card that we offer all customers who visit a library with positive i.d. and proof of address. It is necessary for e-card holders to fully register for a full-access card in order to check out materials or use the public access computers at the library. Electronic resources cannot be accessed from a library computer with an e-card.